To install this theme it is essential to have a working version of WordPress already installed. For the information about WordPress platform installing, please see the WordPress Codex. After you download the “package.zip” file from ThemeForest you will have all the necessary files. Then you should extract the “package.zip” file and you will find the theme zip file called “theme_name.zip” inside. You need to install this file.
Please Note: You can install the theme in two ways: via WordPress, or via FTP. If you have trouble installing the theme via WordPress, please proceed with installing it via FTP and the problem will be solved. Follow the steps below to install via WordPress.
- Navigation > Appearance >Themes.
- Click Install Themes and press the upload button.
- Navigate to find the “nordis.zip” file on your computer and click “Install Now” button.
- The theme will be uploaded and installed.
- Activate the newly installed theme. Go to Appearance > Themes and activate the installed theme.
Please don’t forget to install all the required plug-ins.
This video installation guide our template via admin panel of your site. If due to the features of your server you can not make uploading a template through a web interface then use the second method of installation via FTP. You will learn how to install the template as well as all the required plug-ins (please do not forget to install and activate them).
Install via FTP
- Log into your hosting space via an FTP software
- Unzip the nordis.zip file and use the extracted nordis theme folder
- Upload the extracted nordis theme folder into wp-content themes in your wordpress installation
- Activate the newly installed theme. Go to Appearance Themes and activate the installed theme.